The blood circulatory system has a special place as the main transport system of the body. There are 3 main characteristics common to all blood circulatory systems.
- Activity of a circulating fluid or blood.
- Activity of an organ to pressurize the liquid to flow.
- Activity of vessels for the blood circulation.
The heart of man is shaped like a very young coconut and the size is just similar to your first and the circulatory system consists of arteries and veins. A closed blood circulatory system has the following features.
- Blood flows inside the vessels.
- Blood has no direct contact with the organs.
- Heart pumps out the blood throughout the body and it comes back to the heart.
- Blood is supplied to the organs, tissues as required by them.
- Substances are exchanged through the walls of the blood vessels.
There are two types of blood vessels according to the structure and the functions they perform.
- The vessels that carry away blood from the heart are called Arteries - except Pulmonary Arteries.
- The vessels that bring the blood back to the heart are called veins - except Pulmonary Veins
Have you seen the veins raised up in hands and legs of some people? A vein is used to denote a type of blood vessel. Think of an instance when your pulse has been checked. You can find out the speed of the flow of blood in a vessel by testing your pulse. You can test your pulse at the following places. Inner side of the elbow, under the arm pit, on both sides of your neck, inner side of the ankle and the wrist.
How about this one? Great! Awesome! Or Nice Then just share with your friends and Comment your Idea Below. Appreciate it!